If you have low blood pressure, take the advice of a cardiologist. They will greatly improve the quality of life!
When it comes to hypotension, it turns out that people suffering from low blood pressure, rarely seriously think about their condition. With this disease most often do not fight, they get used to it.
Image credit: rihaij
What is the norm of low pressure?
To date, hypotension is determined at an optimal blood pressure of at least 120 to 80. But even this figure is considered formal. In the 60s of the last century, a classification was approved in Vilnius, according to which hypotonic disease is placed at an arterial pressure below 100 per 60 in patients under 25 and below 105 at 65 in patients older than 30 years.
10 distinctive features of hypotension
Due to numerous studies, those symptoms that are characteristic of hypotension were carefully selected and distributed in a certain order (based on the frequency of occurrence):
- fatigue, headache, dizziness;
- noise in the head, a shaky walk;
- memory impairment;
- sleep, which does not give vivacity;
- acrophobia, fear of walking on the bridge;
- in metropolitan areas – fear of riding an escalator;
- pathological (intrusive) fixation on some particular state, idea, subject. For example, a person constantly scrolls phrases like “I will not get anything,” “I’m always sick”;
- pain in muscles, joints, heart;
- eructation, heartburn.
Hypotonics to the note!
Reduced body tone usually becomes the cause of emotional instability. “Why try to do something, it still does not work …” This phrase – a kind of slogan of most hypotonic. Much they have to do through force, through “I can not.”
People with low blood pressure rarely consult a doctor. For them, a decline in strength and causeless weakness is a normal state, to which they are already accustomed. Due to lack of energy, the quality of life naturally deteriorates. But, to paraphrase a well-known saying, it can be said that the health of hypotension is in the hands of the hypotension themselves. Therefore, in order to raise the tone and bring back good health, we must learn to help our body.
If you feel weak when you wake up in the morning …
- Then, still lying in bed, carefully rub your ears. Stretch out. Bend your legs in your lap, straighten. Spread your hands in the sides. Then slowly sit in bed, without hanging feet on the floor. Sit down. And only after a few seconds, drop your legs and slowly get up. So you will avoid dizziness.
- Take a contrast shower. It is necessary for the training of blood vessels.
- It is recommended (if there are no contraindications) to include salty foods, as they increase the pressure. But do not overdo it! Do not forget about the burden on the kidneys.
- Prepare the perfect breakfast for a hypertensive person – a cup of coffee and a sandwich with butter and cheese or a piece of salted fish.
- Unlike hypertension, the menu of a person with low blood pressure is more caloric. It is not enough to increase the amount of fruits and vegetables in the diet.
During the day…
- Train yourself to eat small portions 4-5 times a day. Do not sit on strict diets, thereby limiting yourself to nutrition, and, conversely, do not overeat. Such extremes can worsen the condition even further.
- Drink a strong sweet tea or coffee.
- Increase salt intake (only in the absence of contraindications). If for hypertensive patients the norm is 5 g per day, then for hypotonic – 10 g.
- Sodium binds water in the body, thereby increasing the volume of circulating blood. It is better to wear salted nuts or seeds.
- Put your hands at the chest level, and, clasping your fingers in the lock, pull your hands in opposite directions. Repeat 3-6 times.
- Put your finger on the point located above the upper lip.
- To get rid of bad mood (and this is practically the “normal” state of hypotension), eat bananas and cheese – sources of the hormone of serotonin joy.
If you felt bad on the road…
- Squeeze and unclench fists 8-10 times. It is good to have an expander with which to improve the condition will be much easier.
On the road, take a bottle of water with you on a trip. If you feel bad, take a few sips. Or you can eat candy with caffeine.
- Hypotension usually swayed on the road. So try to sit by the window and look in the direction of the path.