Today we live in a world full of information and thousands of responsibilities, which is why we often do not have time to rest. Then the question arises, what to do.
Consequences of lack of time for rest
For example, the staff of the Institute of Sleep in Madrid said that if we do not rest, we may experience the following symptoms:
- bad mood
- less ability to cope with frustration
- lack of concentration
- memory problems
In addition to these effects, other studies emphasize the fact that there is a clear relation between sleep or rest hours and quality of life.
No doubt you know all this because we hear it all the time. However, sometimes work or study does not leave us enough hours a day to relax properly. What can we do to change this?
What to do if there is no time to rest?
So how do we avoid feeling tired when our lives are so busy and we barely have seconds between notifications on the phone, uncompleted tasks, unanswered messages, and other stimuli we constantly receive?
First, it should be noted that there is a difference between physical and mental fatigue. However, both of them have their consequences.
Research on this topic suggests that when we experience mental fatigue, we may experience feelings of failure, hopelessness, and helplessness, as well as low self-esteem, anxiety, and an inability to concentrate.
As for physical fatigue, it can lead to headaches and joint disorders, as well as sleep disorders.
Of course, this affects behavior, because a tired person may consume excessive coffee or other stimulants. In addition, it can lead to poor productivity at the personal and work level. It can also lead to interpersonal conflicts, both in the family and in the work environment.
What do to better relax?
So, what recommendations should we follow if we do not have time to rest, but we still need to do something else?
Here are some strategies you can use to improve your quality of life:
- First, understand that you and your physical, mental, and emotional health are a priority.
- Try to be in silence. This is important to feel peace of mind. We already know that it is difficult to live without noise, especially in cities. You can take a shower without listening to music, or try meditation to calm your thoughts.
- Turn off your phone for a while, as well as any screens near you, so as not to be distracted by the sounds of notifications. This way, you will not be affected by screen light, which experts say can be very harmful.
- Find out if any issues need to be addressed that are emotionally troubling. You need to learn to let them go.
- Delegate responsibilities in your workplace. You may think that nothing will work without your participation, but learn to trust your team and give them tasks according to their abilities.
- See how it goes and, if necessary, make some changes to your daily routine.
- Help yourself with a pleasant massage.
To wrap it up, a massage session can offer you a lot, whether it’s your mental health or just overall well-being. Schedule your appointment at Maria’s Professional Massage of Clearwater today and you will experience these benefits yourself, even after just one session.
Picture Credit: Unsplash