Although it becomes harder for the body to shed excess fat after a certain age, some strategies can still help.
When we talk about metabolism, we mean all those chemical processes through which our cells guarantee the proper functioning of the body.
1. Eat a lot, but in small portions
It is always better to eat 5 daily meals in small portions. The typical overeating that calms ravenous hunger definitely doesn’t help your metabolism.
- Never leave home without breakfast and never go to bed without dinner.
- Remember that a long period between meals makes the body suffer from a sudden drop in sugar. This causes slow metabolism and fatigue in the future.
- You should eat only the right amount of nutrients, make sure that your meals are varied, make your meals balanced, and satisfy your hunger in between with fresh fruit.
2. Use of spices
Do you like cayenne pepper? Chili? Then add a small number of spices to your diet, because it will immediately increase your metabolic rate by up to 20%.
All this is possible thanks to capsaicin. An active ingredient and a stimulating spicy aroma that allows you to attack accumulated fat.
You can cook spicy dishes up to twice a week. In this way, you will healthily lose weight, but if you also take care of the rest of your diet.
3. Say “yes” to protein
This fact may surprise you, but protein helps keep the body in optimal shape because it takes longer to digest. This is due to the fact that absorption requires a large concentration of energy.
Now it is important to know how to choose the most adequate source of protein. For example, red meat often contains too much fat, which actually causes a slow metabolism.
The best sources of protein for increasing muscle mass and speeding up metabolism:
- Chicken and Turkey
- Natural yogurt
- Chia seeds
4. Best drinks: coffee and green tea
Drinking green tea and coffee in moderation can help speed up your metabolism.
Your breakfast will be complete only if you choose a cup of coffee. Your brain and metabolism will immediately thank you.
Coffee contains several interesting active substances:
- Caffeine is a fabulous alkaloid for the body
- Theobromine and theophylline are two substances related to caffeine that also act as stimulants.
- Chlorogenic acid is a compound that allows carbohydrates to be absorbed more slowly.
On the other hand, green tea and its catechins help the liver to convert fat into energy.
5. 5 minutes of high-intensity interval training is all you need
If you are interested in training at home, then pay attention to a small example of how to do it:
- Start your workout by stretching and warming up.
- While standing still, lift your knees up, just like when you run. Twenty seconds is enough.
- Now do 10 folds.
- Immediately after, repeat simple stretching exercises.
- The next simple exercise is to sit on the edge of an unshakable chair.
- Lean back.
- Squeeze your stomach and bend your knees to 90 degrees.
- Hold this position for 20 seconds.
These are simple examples that you can supplement with other exercises that are also simple but intense. 5 minutes will be more than enough to perform these useful exercises.
Picture Credit: VistaCreate